The National Oil Spill Contingency Plan (NOSCP) for Lebanon, also referred to in this Guidebook as the Plan, was developed in 2016. It addresses the response to oil spills in the Public Maritime Domain including the Territorial Sea, and the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). The aim of the NOSCP is to protect human life, the natural resources, as well as the economy and preserve the coastal and marine environment from any adverse effects of an oil spill. This plan ensures the continuous commitment of the Lebanese Government with its national and international obligations.
The objectives of this NOSCP are to:
• Ensure preparedness and readiness of the involved entities
• Establish a mechanism for mutual understanding among governmental and nongovernmental entities, private and public sector organizations, and international agencies to co-ordinate and integrate their resources to respond effectively
• Ensure the timely and effective response to oil spills and prevent further pollution
• Identify the national high-risk areas and priority coastal areas for protection and clean-up
• Establish processes for assistance and cooperation with other countries and international agencies
Click below on "Download orginal PDF" to read the full guidebook!